REDCap:EM - Multilingual
The first glance on the configuration page of Multilingual can be overwhelming. Don't worry - it is not that complicated. Most fields concern the translation for standard text elements, such as the Next-Button. Here is an overview:
- Many options that are mostly self-explanatory.
- Languages Variable: keep the value “languages”. If you change it, make sure that you adapt the initial setup of the multilingual field.
- Configure how to treat pdfs.
- Possibility to provide translations for common UI-elements, such as button texts, e.g. for the “Save & Return” Option
- Survey Control Text:
- Submit button
- Next button
- Previous button
- Reset Field link
- Font Size Text
- If no translations are given, the buttons display universal icons for the languages for which you did not specify translations.
- Translations for error messages that appear when input could not be validated successfully
The best way to create a multilingual survey project is to start with setting up the languages and then continue to design your survey instrument.
- Setting up the languages
- Creating survey instructions in multiple languages
- Creating fields with translations
- Translate notes
- Translate *must provide value
Don't do this!
- do not change the languages variable after initial creation