REDCap stands for Research Electronic Data Capture and is a secure web application for building and managing online surveys and databases. Without any coding knowledge, you can create intuitive web forms that allow logged-in users to enter new data in a safe way. You can transform such web forms into surveys by making them public.
- Projects with detailed settings and user access rights
- Streamlined development process that guides through development and testing of a project
- Coding-free creation of data capturing forms (so-called instruments)
- Online Designer in real-time
- Offline through so-called data dictionaries (excel sheets that can be uploaded)
- Ensuring data integrity:
- plausibility checks with approval process when updating instruments during data collection phase
- complete audit trail (possible to trace what each user modified in a project)
- Supporting safe and error-free data entry
- Validation rules
- Branching logic
- Surveys with built-in tools to distribute your survey link
- Report generation with built-in descriptive statistics
- Several data export formats
- Advanced features commonly needed in research
- Support of longitudinal studies
- Support of study arms
- Support of randomization
Recommended training resources
Videos available when logged in in REDCap
How to ...
In this section, you find questions from a user's perspective - they will guide you to the information you need.
Surveys - Users, Anonymization, Informed Consent...
- ...ask for consent first / how to use stop criteria
- ...several instruments in a survey queue
- ...use authentication for a survey
- ...offer prizes (collecting user data) and keep survey data anonymous
Languages in Surveys
In this section, you find information structured by external modules
In this section, you find information, why something is not working as expected